2017 quickly has started and the College Baseball season is less than a month away. Preseason rankings will start all across America among all top baseball sites.
Keeping this one close to the chest, I will release throughout the next few weeks, my top college rankings among all levels throughout the state.
This year we have a new player added to the bunch in State Fair Community College. Last year Region 16 set out 8 total teams, this year being set at 9. State Fair Community College will join Region 16 this spring. A new comer will be exciting for the region, plus another name to throw in the hat for rankings and playoff potential.
Crowder Community College leads my Missouri Junior college rankings as they came 1 game shy of making into the Junior College playoffs last season. Crowder was recently ranked in the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper as the 9th best community college baseball team in the nation in their 2017 preseason poll.
Crowder and Jeffco will be my two favorites to win Region 16 outright for a chance to play in the Division 1 Junior College playoffs. My rankings, including their 2016 records, for Missouri’s Junior College:
- Crowder (40-22 overall, 22-6 conference)
- Jefferson (41-18 overall, 22-6 conference)
- Maplewood (33-27 overall, 17-11 conference) 2016 Region 16 Champion
- Mineral Area (31-22 overall, 17-11 conference)
- St. Louis (32-25 overall, 15-13 conference)
- Three Rivers (18-37 overall, 9-17 conference)
- State Fair (2016 record unknown)
- North Central Missouri (11-42 overall, 6-22 conference)
- St. Charles (10-40 overall, 2-24 conference)